Amicus Therapeutics – A Biopharmaceutical Firm Based in New Jersey

Amicus Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical firm based in New Jersey, America. The firm went public in 2007 under the trading name, NASDAQ (Google Finance). The establishment of Amicus Therapeutics was financed by selected capital venture firms such as Radius Venture, New Enterprise Associates, and Canaan Partners. The organization focuses on the treatment of rare and orphan diseases, more so lysosomal storage disorders. The product development of the company is primarily based on CHART (Chaperone-Advanced Replacement Therapy), as well as enzyme replacement therapies.
In 2014, Amicus Therapeutics was noted as one of the companies that have the broadest portfolio of pharmacological chaperones small molecule in the pharmaceutical industry. Moreover, Amicus Therapeutics has a robust development pipeline for the treatment of various human genetic disease. For example, Amicus Therapeutics has a lead product known as migalastat. The product is a personalized medicine that is used for treating people with Fabry disease. Amicus Therapeutics is also working in collaboration with JCR Pharmaceutical and GlaxoSmithKline to explore coformulation with the recombinant alpha-galactosidase. However, the collaboration lasted for only three years.
Amicus does not have the manufacturing capability to produce its products. It relies on contracts from other companies for the manufacturing process. However, in 2008, the company expanded its operation. Apart from the normal research site in New Jersey, Amicus Therapeutics also has another research site in San Diego. Since its establishment, Amicus has been on the good side of the business. In 2010, Amicus Therapeutics received a grant worth $500000 from Michael Joseph Fox Foundation. The grant was meant to support the research study that was being conducted by Amicus in partnership with David Geffen Medical School. The company also received another grant worth $210300 from ADDF (Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation). Amicus Therapeutics used the grant to support its pre-clinical work. Also, in 2013, Amicus was able to have the necessary intellectual property and proprietary materials for the treatment of Pompe infection.

For more information visit: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/amicus-therapeutics

| Twitter

 

Handybook – The Future of Online Home Services

The world is moving towards online services. We have seen this occur with shopping, where online shopping now is taking more and more people to change their shopping habits. The convenience to shop from home and the availability to compare prices is the reason of its popularity. This is also true of online services like ordering food or even online repair and cleaning services. These markets are growing at a rapid rate. One such service is Handy.

Handybook is a service founded by Umang Dua and Oisin Hanrahan, which allows its users to order a home cleaner on techcrunch.com, handyman or plumber with just a tap on their iPhone. It has been compared to Uber and has even been called the Uber of home services.

Handybook is a marketplace that handles payments and scheduling on both the supply and the demand end of the home services industry, based in New York. The service is growing fast and has raised $12 million in two rounds led by General Catalyst Partners and Highland Capital Partners. They did not provide baseline numbers, but they said that the sales have grown 60% each month for three-months straight. The company now has more than 50 employees and thousands of freelancers who complete more than 10,000 jobs a month. It operates in 13 cities and is opening four new offices in Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco. In January Handybook bought west coast cleaning business, Exec, for an undisclosed price reported to be under $10 million. Just two years after its launch, Handybook has hit over $1 million in bookings per week. As Umang Dua said, they have gone from around $3 million in run rate all the way to $52 million in run rate.

The economy based on these new on-demand services offers a better model for consumers and service professionals. With the company’s new smartphone app, Hanrahan stated that their cleaners said that the app was like having an ATM machine in their pocket. On Handy, the hourly wage for most of those employed as cleaning professionals ranges between $15 and $22 per hour, and that averages at about $18 per hour. This allows for the workers to pick their own hours and a healthy hourly wage.

Also, consumers are getting comfortable with the idea of booking services through their smartphones since it is quick, easy and affordable. Furthermore, with mandated background checks on the national and county level followed by an onboarding process, Handybook service professionals are thoroughly vetted. This makes the service safe and secure.

Roughly around 85% of the company’s revenue comes from cleaning, with the remaining 15% being split between plumbing services and handyman services. Handy is expanding rapidly and has already managed to enable its services in twenty-five cities in the United States, two of which are in Canada, and they even offer services in London.

The future of the services market is definitely moving towards online. Handybook is fortunate enough to have started building its brand and company at the right time. The expansion of the services offered by Handybook will further increase the number of potential customers and those who will work for the company. All the numbers, from investments, numbers of users and employees to profits, show that there is a bright future for these kinds of services.

Handy -Uber for home maintenance

Handy which was known as Handy book was founded in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan, and Umang Dua. Is a platform which lets you order services like handyman, plumber, home cleaning service just by tapping on your iPhone which is the easiest and most convenient way to book household services. Handy serves as a stage connecting customers looking for a professional household services with quality. The professionals who provide these services through Handy are pre-screened and offer only high-quality services.
Professionals in cities around the world are connected every week to thousands of customers looking for their quality service through Handy’s leading Platform.
Handy book is the fastest growing brand whose sales is up 60% consistently for three months and is showing a steady growth. Just three years after its launch Handy has over$1 million in booking per week. As a home service industry, Handy can handle the payments and scheduling from both supply and demand ends of the marketplace.
Handy is a New York based company that has thousands of freelancers taking care of 10,00 jobs a month. All the freelancers are thoroughly screened by Handy include background checks, personal interviews and also references. Of the hundreds and thousands that have applied only 3% have been accepted. The Handy book provides freelancers with a flexible schedule and a dependable pay. An average hourly wage of the cleaning professional on Handy is around $18. Only professionals get into. Handy provides money back guarantee to its customers and replacement costs if anything is damaged. It is very hard to get into Handy.
It has more than 50 employees and operates in 25 cities in the U.S, 2 cities in Canada and with new operating in London. Customers get the convenience to Handy book’s website and using the company’s mobile app without all the hassle with maid services and cleaning agencies. The process of booking is easy and it only takes 60 seconds. More customers are getting comfortable with the idea of booking household services through their mobile phones. It is the most convenient booking process all it needs of the customer to enter the zip code and enter the room or a place to be cleaned and you are given a price quote if you like your card on file will be charged for the service.
House cleaning services are providing the bulk 85% of the company’s revenue and the rest 15% is coming from handyman services and plumbing services. Handy is not a cleaning company which takes care of the household services, but a brand that takes care of your home and a brand that people trust. Handy is the brand that is very convenient and comes with professional quality you can trust.